Product Manager of Cutters and Desktop Printers
Roland DGA’s product management objective is to make it as easy as possible for dealers to sell, and end users to buy Roland products. The Product Manager for Cutters & Desktop Printers will assume product line responsibility for Roland’s Cutters, VersaStudio BN-20, and LEF UV product lines.
This individual will be responsible for go to market product strategies, product positioning, program management, competitive analysis, product launch and product life cycle as well as strategic input into future product direction. Assist Director of Product Management and Group Product Managers in creation and execution of marketing strategies and maintaining overall perspective of the strategic vision of product management and Roland DGA Corp. Key accountability for managing timelines and resources for product management and product communications with internal & external channels. Manage product evaluation, competitive research and reporting, distribution of technical product information and maintain internal, dealer, vendor and customer communications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Maintain forecast for product lines and work with Purchasing to ensure adequate inventory and replenishment. Develop, recommend, and implement approved sales promotions.
- Manage new product launches.
- Manage existing product lines
- Analyze product line performance and lead the process to proactively discontinue/end-of-life products
- Coordinate new product introduction with sales, operations, overseas R&D and marketing.
- Coordinate continuing product management with sales, operations, overseas R&D and marketing.
- Position new products into existing product line
- Demonstrate new and existing products internally and externally
- Research and evaluate new technologies
- Support key customers
- Key product liaison with engineering/Japan for the assigned product line
- Manage partnerships with third-party supplies providers when appropriate
- Information development and distribution: Intranet, dealer bulletins, tech/inside sales training
- Training – presentation development, execution targeting internal and external audiences.
- Create and present product training for sales, channel partners, technical support personnel, and customers that is timely and appropriate.
- Analyze competitive products and strategies to determine possible threats to business strategy and propose specific product & strategy directions to counteract them.
- Contribute to cross-departmental teams as appropriate:
- Machine evaluation programs
- Internal new product rollout
- Current customer product rollout
- Product introduction events
- Inventory specifications
- Press events & press tours
- Media communication – coordinate with marketing on media contacts
- Travel – as necessary for business tradeshow, customer related support (20% anticipated)
- Trade Show support
- Staffing support
- Support the marketing team and tradeshow coordinator
- Cross-product functionality with products in other Roland product categories
- Outcome of achievement of goals and meeting deadlines
- Successful management of product line from launch to end of life
- Successful delivery of product messaging and positioning to field sales, dealers and customers
Education/Certification: Associates or Bachelor’s degree with some sales, marketing, or technical experience.
- Marketing generalist with a very strong product marketing and technical differentiation background.
- Global perspective
- Good technical understanding to translate technical features into key benefits and differentiators; as well as to convert key requirements into key product specifications
- Ability to work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work both independently and in team
- Results-oriented, mature, innovative
Roland DGA Corporation complies with all fair employment regulations.
Roland DGA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a policy ensuring that all employees and potential employees are considered for all positions on the basis of their qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability or other legally protected status.
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to HR@RolandDGA.com Please include your salary history and current salary requirement.
No phone calls please.